I promise you, I am not into mermaids or other mythical and living sea creatures. Although, I did dress as Ursula the Sea Witch last Halloween, but that’s not the point… The point is that I wasn’t intentionally pulling a “sea” outfit together, it just happened. Maybe it was my inner sea creature calling out or maybe I just need a vacation by the ocean shore – I do like the latter idea much better! In any case, it is hard to deny that these clothes put together make me think of a massive body of water and seaweed floating in the current with scarce sun rays fighting their way through the blue depths…
Thanks to Yuliya Ryvkina Photography for catching and releasing the light.
Pink is a new red! Every girls needs to have a perfect pink lipstick, whether it’s your lips but better pink, Barbie pink, or bright fuchsia shiny color. Below are some of my favorites:
1. Givenchy Le Rouge Couture Edition, in shade N205 – this lipstick is a work of art in its couture-inspired floral print leather case. Formula is very rich, moisturizing semi-matte. The color is a vibrant shade of fuchsia so perfect for summer. Beautiful case can be used with any other Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick.
2. Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in shade 138 Fougueuse. The formula is hydrating and long wearing with satin finish. It’s really quite comfortable and has a variety of great shades (I own 6 colors in this formula (guilty smile)). Color is bright pink with cool undertones, not quite Barbie color, more like every day brightening shade –very much Chanel.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in shade 6-Pink in Devotion. Formula is extremely comfortable, buttery soft, and moisturizing. It has glossy finish and basically a lipstick and lip gloss in one. Color is described as bright hibiscus pink, it’s bright but very flattering pink on variety of skin tones.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy in shade 4-Succulent Pomegranate. The formula is very close to lip balm with glossy finish. Color is sheer bright pink with red undertones. It’s a great option for people who are afraid of color as its very sheet and only gives a hint of brightness.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy in shade 15-Rose Candy. Same formula as above. Color is medium sheer pink, sort of your lips but better color with a bit of youthful pinkness.
I am a huge fan of layering pieces. Any outfit, in my opinion, looks more sophisticated and put together when multiple layers come into play. Think of a white t-shirt, for example… it’s nice and crisp but it looks plain on its own. Try layering it with a blazer or a vest and you have yourself a fashion outfit (plus or minus various accessories and awesome shoes). Speaking of vests – they are some of the most versatile pieces of any wardrobe. They provide layering flexibility on warmer days when a jacket or a blazer may be too warm to wear.
Recently I found a great military vest that I’ve already worn on multiple occasions. It has all the attributes of a perfect layering gem – it’s neutral in color, made of natural quality fibers (cotton with a tiny addition of spandex), features a cinched waste that gives it a flattering shape, and it fits just below the hip for the effortless but elegant look. With this vest, the outfit combinations are infinite and here are 5 to get your started:
1. In the Office
The trick is not to go completely “blah” with any neutral clothing and especially when it serves as a top layer. A longer vest, like this one, with nothing to pop underneath will completely consume your outfit, so go with brighter colors. Plus, colors are always fun! 🙂 I paired the vest with a pinky-purplish skirt and a mint silky blouse for a more feminine look.
Outfit details: Banana Republic vest, J. Crew Factory skirt, Elie Tahari blouse, M. Gemi Cammeo pumps, Target Cut-out handbag